Tutorial Team Openings
Positions open | Alumni Tutor at Chi Sun College
Applications are invited for appointment of Alumni Tutor in Chi Sun College, Jockey Club Student Village III. The appointment will begin as soon as possible for a period of one year in the first instance.
Applicants must be an alumnus of Chi Sun College, and have resided at the College for at least two academic years as an undergraduate student or postgraduate student; those who have previously served as a member of the College’s Tutorial Team are also eligible to apply.
The appointee will be provided with accommodation in an en-suite room at 50% of the postgraduate single room rate, with free high-table and special function dinners; the appointee will be required to reside in the College on a regular basis.
Applicants should be personable, open-minded and accepting of individuals from all walks of life and demonstrate maturity in handling interpersonal relations. They should also possess the following qualities:
- Experience in organising and supervising student learning activities;
- Genuine interest to build a stimulating environment conducive to students’ intellectual, personal, social and cultural development;
- Ability to motivate and lead students to engage in dynamic exchange with the community through service or other forms of engagement;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with fluency in English;
- Capability to facilitate intellectual and cultural exchange among students and between students and staff;
- Ability to promote balanced lifestyles among students in the College; and,
- Actively participate and collaborate with tutorial team members
The appointee will assist the Master and Senior Resident Tutors in the design and execution of educational activities in the College.
Those interested in the position may submit the following to Dr Andrew Hoang and Mr C.Y. Yau, Senior Resident Tutors, at email@example.com:
- CV / Resume
- One-page Statement of Intent
- This should describe applicant’s intended portfolio related to programming (activities, events) to enhance student life at the college.
- Contact details (Full name and email) of at least *two referees
*Referees must also be alumni of Chi Sun College and have resided at the College for at least two academic years.
Review of applications will start as soon as possible and continue until July 31, 2023, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.